Monday, September 9, 2013

to be more like Jesus...

I bought this book Sacred Marriage a few years back.  I started to read it but stopped because I didn't really like it and thought it was somewhat crazy.  So I go to SS class on Sunday and find out we are doing a workbook based on this book.  Weird thing: Now it makes sense to me and I think I totally agree.  The book is Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas.  The topic is "What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?"
Today's fav quote "If you want to be free to serve Jesus, there's no question - stay single. Marriage takes a lot of time.  But if you want to become more like Jesus, I can't imagine any better thing to do than to get married.  Being married forces you to face some character issues you'd never have to face otherwise."

So true.  So hard.  Dying to self.  Giving up my dreams.   Living his dreams.  That has been a daily struggle and it is hard and my husband loves me......    but Jesus did it for us - a people who spit on Him, reject Him, deny Him....    

sometimes I wish I would have taken option 1 - single and serving Jesus...  my heart aches for the world, for the lost...   but then I realize I'd never understand His sacrifice the way I do now...    

so interested in learning more...  praying that Mark and I can learn and connect and become more holy thru our marriage... and find out what He really has for us...

really, one of my fav songs played at my wedding says it all...

Father in Heaven 
Lord may your name be glorified
above all others, above all this world
above everything else in our lives
for nothing else in all of this world matters
but to live our lives for Your and You alone
May your wonders never cease
may your spirit never leave
may we ever long to see your face
and when we turn from you again
oh how quickly we forget
may we be reminded of your grace
May Your Wonders Never Cease
-Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment