Tuesday, September 10, 2013

pleasing God thru marriage

I love this paragraph...
What most divorces mean is that at least one party, and possibly both, have ceased to put the gospel first in their lives.  They no longer live by Paul's guiding principle, "I make it my goal to please Him," because the Bible is clear in its teaching.  God says, "I hate divorce" (Malachi 2:16).  If the goal of the couple was to please God, they wouldn't seek a divorce.      
and this ...
Strong christian marriages will still be struck by lightning - sexual temptation, communication problems, frustrations, unrealized expectations- but if the marriages are heavily watered with an unwavering commitment to please God above everything else, the conditions won't b ripe for a devastating fire to follow the lightning strike.
sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

During the frustrating, lonely times in my marriage I remind myself that God wants me to please Him.  I can seek to serve God in my marriage even if my husband isn't.  Give up on my husband when he's not trying to please The Lord?  I think not, God never gives up on me!  Give up on my husband when he's been gone for a week, then comes home and has no time for me?  I think not, God never leaves when I don't have time for Him.  There is no room for divorce in even your thoughts.  Never ever.  God didn't divorce me when I rejected Him, when I never talked to Him...   He's there always.
   I'll be there always to.  Waiting and praying for my husband to come along beside me and seek Jesus with me.. to seek holiness not only happiness...   yeah, I'll be the example Jesus asks and requires of me...  to b like Him and let Him shine thru me to  those around...   what a perfect way to let my kids see Jesus...  to love their Daddy just like Jesus loves us...

God requires much in our everyday lives... I'm praying that I can give and please Him in this aspect of my life.. it isn't easy.. it's a daily surrender but it is a step to being more like Jesus.....

No comments:

Post a Comment