Sunday, January 5, 2014

my husband is a gift from God

my thoughts from the Wife after God Bible study book by Jennifer Smith and online Bible study I'm currently doing...  Day 4 - Your spouse is a gift

Lets look in Genesis....
 "Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [o]suitable for him.”  Genesis 2:18
So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.  The Lord God [t]fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. Genesis 2:21-22

God gave Adam a gift - He created Eve and gave her to Adam.  In the same way, God has given you your spouse.  "It is important to see your husband and yourself as gifts to each other everyday you have together, for that will influence how you treat each other" (from Wife after God)  Hmmm, lets think about this...  I'm sure we all just received some gifts for Christmas.  Think of the most expensive gift.  How did/do you treat it?  Do you value it?  Are you spending time with it?  Did you tell anyone about it?  Now, think about your spouse and answer those questions.

"The marriage relationship is also a magnificent gift in that you and your husband have the opportunity to bless others." (Wife after God)   It's your own little team working for God.  What can we do as a couple or family to give gifts to others?  I think this is one thing I really want and need to pray about.  My husband has an amazing servant heart.  He serves as a trustee at our church - fixing things, plowing snow, etc.  He serves on our local fire company and is the treasurer.  He is always willing to help out with service type things with in the church and our community (I can list some many things he does).  He's always willing to offer help to our friends and neighbors.  Honestly, I could go on and on.  I know that individuals at the school I teach at could list things that I work tirelessly at for our athletic program.  BUT I've really been yearning to find some way for us to give "gifts" together.

No comments:

Post a Comment