Wednesday, January 30, 2013

God CAN change my marriage...

"I can't do this anymore", "I don't think things will ever change", "If my husband doesn't want to try, how can my marriage change?", "My hurt will never go away"..  I could go on and on with statements of how I think my marriage will not change.  I could list so many ways in how I am scared to death that 10 years down the road I'll still feel the same old blah in my marriage.  But note that I underlined the me's.  Let's put God into this.  "God can help me continue in this marriage", "God CAN change things", "God can show me how to change in ways that my husband will want to jump on board", "God will heal my hurt"...  
Jesus looked at them and said, "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" - Matthew 19:26
I don't have much to say today... I'll just say this again and challenge you...

MY CHALLENGE TO MYSELF AND YOU:  God can change our marriages. First, we need to believe it.  And then it starts with US.  He needs US before he can change our marriages.  We need to stop thinking about ourselves and starting believing that God will and can change our marriages.  We need to stop thinking about ourselves and starting doing things to help change our marriages.  This goes along with being selfless..  We need to serve our husbands even when it hurts - thats what God asks of us and that's how God is gonna change our marriages.  (we will look deeper into what God asks of us in our marriages later)

Jesus looked hard at them and said, “No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.” Matthew 19:26 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment